Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find school zone maps? How do I know at what school I am supposed to register?

You can find maps, and enter your address to see all your zoned schools, at this link.

Where can I find more detailed information about the registration requirements?

You can find information regarding many types of circumstances at the OCPS Student Enrollment website, including Educational Guardianship, Verification of Residence and other residency requirements

Why are you asking for so many items to show where I live?  What if I do not want to provide these?

We are a zoned school district, and as such, we have the right to request as many documents as needed to ensure that residency requirements are being met.  If you do not want to provide these documents to your registrar, you will need to make an appointment at the office of Student Enrollment and provide them there. These requirements are not arbitrary and are directed by the Office of Student Enrollment for all schools to follow.  Questions regarding their policies can be directed to their office.

 What is the "Piece of mail"? 

This would be a stamped envelope with your name and address printed on the outside, photo of the label from a FedEx, UPS, USPS or Amazon package delivered to the home, other item delivered by the post office to your house, showing your name and address and the postmark.

I just moved.  I don't have a license with my new address.

 Florida law requires that residents change their license within 30 days of moving.  If you have not received the new license yet, you can provide it within 30 days of registration to complete the requirement.

Can't I just write a lease for someone living in my house instead of getting a Verification of Residence?

The District provides a list of all leased residences to the Orange County Property Appraiser and you may lose your Homestead Exemption if there is evidence that your home is leased.

My child and I are living with my parents. Why do I have to make an appointment with Student Enrollment for a Verification of Residence?

When a parent or guardian does not have a lease or proof of home ownership in his/her name, it is necessary to receive a Verification of Residence -- a notarized statement issued by the office of Student Enrollment. For example, if you SHARE the housing of another person who owns/rents the home, such as a grandparent, significant other, roommate, etc. The school cannot issue this approval. It must be issued by the Student Enrollment office directly. Click here for more information and to make an appointment.

Where is the Student Enrollment Office?

It is located at the corner of John Young Parkway and Oak Ridge Rd in Orlando, next to Westridge Middle School. The address is 6501 Magic Way, Building 100B.

Why do you need 3 years of academic history?

Our counselors carefully review this history to ensure that your student will be placed correctly in their classes and will be following the best progression in their studies.

Can I choose to attend a different school than the one I am zoned for?

There are certain circumstances in which this is permitted. For example: transferring to a school that is under capacity, or for programmatic needs. Please see the Student Enrollment page regarding Transfers for availability and timelines.

What is the Florida 680 Vaccination form and where do I get it?

This form is given to you by your doctor or healthcare provider. It must be certified by the State in order to be valid. Your healthcare provider should be printing it from the Florida Shots website, after they have entered all your vaccination information. If your healthcare provider is a participating physician, they can give you your student's State IMM ID and Certification PIN and you can download the certificate yourself from the state's website at flshots.com.  The Florida Health Department will be able to translate any out of country vaccination records.  They have locations in Clermont and Orlando.

My student has all of their vaccinations. Why is that not good enough? I have the records from their previous doctor.

According to the State of Florida: "The Florida Certification of Immunization, Form DH 680, must be used to document the immunizations required for enrollment and attendance in Florida schools. These forms are not available to the public and must be completed by a licensed Florida physician or advanced practice registered nurse or a Florida county health department. It is recommended that parents obtain a copy of the child's complete immunization history before leaving the current state of residence. The Florida county health department or other Florida health care provider will need this immunization history for entry into Florida SHOTS immunization registry. The certified Florida Certification of Immunization, Form DH 680 is then printed from SHOTS for the parent to bring to school for school enrollment."

What information do I need to keep the school updated on?

If you have a change to your address, phone number, email address, or custody status, we need to know! Please navigate to the tab on the left for "Update Contact Information" for more information. Additionally, we also need to know if you need to add/remove people from the Emergency Contact list for your student, as these are the only people who will be allowed to pick up your child from school. Finally, we also need to know if there are any update to the immunization status or any medical issues that you want to make the nurse aware of.

I have a signed contract for my new house. Why do I have to get a Pending Move Waiver from the Student Enrollment Office? I have all the paperwork from the builder.

Since the house is not complete and you have not moved in, you technically do not reside in an area zoned for our school at this moment. Nor do you own the property in question at this moment. Therefore, a waiver must be granted to allow you to register "out of zone" - for a school you are not technically zoned for at this moment! Only the Student Enrollment Office can issue this waiver. The school is not able to do so. Information on how to apply for the waiver is available on the Student Enrollment Transfer page.  Once you close on your new home, you will need to provide the deed to the registrar, as well as your ID with your new address, utility bill and a piece of mail sent to the home, as the Pending Move Transfer is a temporary document.